New trips

12. Oct 2017
Rakican
The suburban settlement of Rakičan is surrounded by well-cultivated fields owned either by private farmers of the High School of Agriculture. Rakičan is home to general hospital, secondary school and retirement home. One of the town's main attractions is a 16th century mansion surrounded by a magnificent park filled with diverse exotic trees, which dates more than 200 years back to the past. An oval-shaped neo-Gothic chapel is found right next to the castle. The mansion is also home to the equestrian club offering riding lessons, carriage rides and pony rides. The nearby airfield offers panoramic fights with airplanes and hot-air balloons. Right next to the town, there is an ar ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Smarje - Church of the Immaculate Mother of God
The parish Church of the Immaculate Mother of God in the old village centre was probably constructed on the foundations of a pre-Roman church from the 11th century. They began renovating and expanding the church in the early 13th century. In 1222, the renovated church was consecrated by the Bishop of Koper Beato Assalone, which is testified to by the stone plaque on the outer south wall. In 1730, under Mayor Anton Rojc, the church was reconstructed again and expanded but it did not receive its current image until 1925, when it was altered according to the plans of Giovanni Mayer from Koper. It was consecrated anew on 8th December 1926. The interior is modest and simple, as the ch ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Kostabona
Kostabona is a clustered and densely populated village on the narrow protrusion on the southern edge of the ridge above the Dragonja River. Above the village, whose name is associated with the Antique fort Castrum Bonae, is the Plešivica hamlet and the foothills below the village house the Hrvatini settlement and Kapeli in Škrline. According to tradition, this place, which later became the site of the parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian, used to be the site of an antique temple dedicated to Bona Dea, goddess of healing, fertility and maternity. This was supposedly the reason that the parish church was dedicated to saints Cosmas and Damian who were also saints of healing. T ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Kostabona - Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian
The parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian stands at the entrance to the village, on the site of the former temple dedicated to Bona Dea, goddess of healing. The oldest architectural elements, the presbytery and part of the southern nave, are from the 15th century. Outside, we can observe the date 1446 carved on a stone plaque. The church was later rebuilt in 1467 and 1723. The church is made up of a spacious single nave for church goers and a choir with a five eighths ending. The choir has ribbed vaulting without piers the same as the nave. There are three simple Gothic windows preserved, while all the windows in the nave are the result of later rebuilds. The same applies to ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Kostabona - The cemetery Church of St. Andrew
The cemetery Church of Saint Andrew was built in 1456. The gothic presbytery, now situated in the vestry, is from the same period. The church, which used to be seat of the parish as evident from the records left in 1579 by Agostino Valier upon his visitation, was fully adapted to the baroque style in 1723. The bell tower (15.44 m) was probably built at that time as well and leaned on the church. The interior is adorned by three altars with sculptures and paintings from the 17th and 18th centuries: the Last Supper, a popular and local work from the 17th century, Presentation in the Temple, which is a similar quality to the first, and a higher quality painting from the 17th century p ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Nova Vas nad Dragonjo
The village Nova vas lies on a hill that on the west descends towards the Dernica Valley and in the south towards the Dragonja Valley. As Villa Nouva or Villa Nuova it was first mentioned in the map of Istria in 1525 by Pietro Coppo. The traditional economical activity was agriculture (olives, wine, fruits), cattle breeding, crafts and trades. In the village there is a small oil-mill. Worth mentioning is the Rosemary church, mentioned in the 1470, renovated in the second half of the 18th century. Apart from the church stands the 26-meters high tower with the sculpture of the St. Joseph from 1896. In the village is also a renovated old water source and a small museum in an old ho ...
->
12. Oct 2017
Sv. Peter
In the written sources the village Sv. Peter was mentioned for the first time in the beginning of the 11th century as the german emperor Henry IV gave the village to the bishop of Freisingen as feudal gift. Under the name San Pietro dell' Arnata the village was mentioned in the map of Istria in 1525. Between 1797 and 1918 it belonged to Austria. In the years from 1954 till 1992 the village was named Raven. In the village there is a Saint Peter's church, mentioned for the first time in 1579. It containes a restored stone relief altair, a beautiful renaissance monument made in a sculptural workshop of Pietro Lombardo in Venice. In the village, there is an open-air ethnographic ...
->
10. Oct 2017
Sv. Anton
Istria is a land of sun, wine and olives. But also of sweet Mediterranean fruit, such as cherries, peaches or kaki, as well as other vegetables grown by good and caring people. Their home is the hinterland of the three historic townships of Koper - Capodistria, Izola – Isola and Piran – Pirano. A number of flysch ridges and hills rise inward over the coastline where these three cities are perched. And between these, in the valleys, rivers and streams flow. Many of these run dry during summer's seasonal draughts. This is Šavrinja region, where sweet grapes and oil-rich olives grow on terraced slopes. A landscape with many villages and settlements connected by vineyards, olive plan ...
->
10. Oct 2017
Krkavce
Krkavče is a clustered village on a narrow limestone belt on the edge of a flysch ridge where the village centre and the parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel developed. The villagge is comprised of the hamlets of Hrib, Abrami, Draga, Grič, Glavini, Mačkujek, Pršuti, Rov, Solne, Sv. Maver, Škrljevec and Žvabi. Krkavče is one of the oldest villages in the Slovenian Istria, as attested by archaeological finds in Gradišče near Škrljevec, the site of the famous Krkavče Stone. Individual remains from the Roman era, the foundations of a sacral facility from the 9th century and an Old Slavonic burial place have been found near the cemetery above the village. The village was fortifi ...
->
10. Oct 2017
Nova vas - Zgornja stirna well
The village of Nova vas is situated on a part of the Bloška planota plateau that lacks surface water courses; because the ground is limestone, any precipitation sinks into the karst underground almost immediately. To cover the distance to the nearest spring, a wooden water pipeline was built in 1863 to carry water from the Sušica spring to the centre of the village. The water was used for everyday needs, watering the cattle and fire safety. The Sušica spring under the Volčjanski hrib hill is situated some 600 m from the oldest preserved well on the Bloška planota plateau. Thanks to the difference in altitude between the spring and the village, the force of gravity brings the wate ...
->
10. Oct 2017
Volcje
Lake BlokeChurch of St. VolbenkPark IdilaBrunarica at Lake BlokeSmall pond with churchChapel-Anton's SpringBear fishermanBear skierBrunarica at Lake Bloke
05. Oct 2017
Nova vas
Zgornja stirna wellMestkov vodnjak (Mestek well)Monument to the fallen in the Liberation WarMestek wellParking area at post office, kindergarten, municipality Bloke, etc.Parking area at primary schoolCast iron tapMonument dedicated independence warSnackbar pri Dominu
03. Oct 2017
Stari trg pri Lozu
Church of St. GeorgeSki slope UlakaChurch of St. George - BelfryMain crossingHouse Notranjskega odreda 9 - 2nd half of the 19th centuryStari trg pri Lozu - Ski slope UlakaSki slope Ulaka at Stari trg pri LozuStari trg pri Lozu - Pot na Ulako StreetBelfry
03. Oct 2017
Velike Bloke
Village trough (Zgornja stirna)Church of the Assumption of MaryNapoleon BridgeBloscica StreamChapelYeae 1669Parking areaVillage trough in the centre of Velike BlokeBench
02. Oct 2017
Radece - PORP Home
EntrancePORP Home from sideHouse of Wind Orchestra of Radece PapermakersPORP Home  from backRadece - House of Wind Orchestra of Radece PapermakersRadece - PORP Home
27. Sep 2017
Radece - Novi dvor Manor House
The Novi Dvor manor house, which some sources state was also called Marijin Dvor, Dvor, Weichselbergerhof or Weichselstein, began to be constructed in the second half of 1535 by Lord Žiga Višnjegorski at a cost of 2000 florins. The house took shape alongside the road between Radeče and Boštanj, which had been opened in 1458, and the estate was connected to nearby Sevnica by the ford between Čot and Loka. At the end of the 17th century, Valvazor wrote the following about Novi Dvor: The Weichselstein manor house is a quarter of an hour away from the town of Radeče and enjoys a splendid views of the river. A linden tree stands in the large courtyard. Before the house we can sees field ...
->
26. Sep 2017
Radece - Dvor Park
Dvor ParkDvor ParkDvor ParkDvor Park - ForestInformation board - Dvor ParkDvor Park at Novi dvor Manor HouseDvor Park near RadeceRadece - Dvor ParkDvor ParkDvor Park
26. Sep 2017
Radece - TRC Savus
Radece - TRC SavusParking lotsEntry point for timber raft cruises on the Sava RiverTourism and Recreational Center Radece by the Sava RiverPr' Veseljak - pizzeria and coffeeshopSava RiverChildren's playgroundTourism and Recreational Center Radece