Technical Museum of Slovenia, Chateau Bistra is situated in the former monastery and later cahteau area of Bistra. Bistra is located in the nearness of Ljubljana, between Vrhnika and Borovnica. The museum is housed in 6000 square metre of area. In the museum they have permanent collections from the fields of water drive, forestry, wood processing, hunting, fishing, electrical engineering, textile engineering, vehicles and traffic, agriculture and printing. Bistra was one of the fourth Carthusian Monasteries in Slovenia. Beside Bistra were also Zicka Carthusian, Pleterje Carthusian and Jurkloster Carthusian. Bistra reached its highest point in the economical and cultural development in the 14th century. It lies in a wonderful environment with fish pond, park and forest educational trail. Sometimes was in the chateau park the monastery one nave church from the 13th century, but it was demolished in the year 1808. The park is very beautiful and has many walking paths. In this area is also the coffeehouse and the pavilion for weddings.
Bistra - Park