Most Beautiful Trips - Bohinj
|Vodnikov razglednik (Vodnik Belvedere)|
|Pokljuka - Rudno polje|
The Church of the Holy Spirit is situated on the southern side of the Bohinj Lake, close to the main road Ribcev Laz – Ukanc. The Church of the Holy Spirit was built in the year 1743 in the baroque style. It is 16 metres long and 8 metres wide. The choir is built of stones and the bell tower was constructed in the same year as the church. Both, the church and the bell tower have a shingle roof. The whole church is white painted, with 12 frescoes discovered during the renovation in 1981. On the northern side a special depository was added as a place to store wheat and other donations offered by people on votive Wednesdays, and especially on Thanksgiving Sunday when there is a Holy Mass. The church has three altars. The main altar is wooden with illustrious Trinity statue. The lateral statues are Saint Helen and Saint Agnes. The right side altar opposite the pulpit side is dedicated to St. John Nepomuk. The altar is built of stone, with a wooden prolongation. The second, left side altar is St. Francis Xavier's. Also this altar is built of stone, with a wooden prolongation. On the outer side of the eastern presbyterian wall is a large painting of St. Christopher, painted over the whole wall. Originally there were three bells, however only the middle one survived the First World War. It is made of bronze and weights 250 kg. The bell has several images: the Cross, St. Mary and St. Paule. In 1924 the church got a new, steel made bell, weighing 510 kg, made by the Jesenice foundry.
Municipality: BOHINJ (5257 population)
Settlements in the municipality:
Koprivnik v Bohinju (216), Jereka (196), Nomenj (173), Polje (170), Gorjuše (150), Ribčev Laz (147), Studor v Bohinju (117), Nemški Rovt (112), Brod (93), Bitnje (82), Savica (68), Podjelje (67), Ukanc (44), Ravne v Bohinju (43), Laški Rovt (41), Lepence (33), Log v Bohinju (17), Žlan (12), Goreljek (7)