Podsreda Castle is situated in the Kozjansko Regional Park. It lies in the northern slope Orlice. From the castle is a wonderful view to the valley Bistrica and Sotla, medieval square Podsreda and Hrvasko Zagorje. It was built in the 12th century. Many owners exchanged, but the medieval kernel of the castle remained almost undamaged through the centuries. The present image got in the 19th century. They started with its renovation in the year 1983. It belongs between most important buildings of the Romanic architecture. The castle has defensive a tower, tower with the chapel and two palatium. The bishop in Ljubljana, Tomaz Hren, consecrated the chapel to Saint Ana, Saint Filip and Jakob in the year 1612. In the castle we can see Romanic room, southern palatium, medieval kitchen with open fireplace, northern palatium, renaissance hall, castle prison, cellar rooms and galleries in the castle granaries. In the castle prison they imprisoned the resisting thralls. The northern palatium is the oldest part of the Podsreda Castle. The renaissance hall is the largest room. In the southern palatium we can see in the first floor the history of the castle, course of the renovation and building history. The Podsreda Castle is open all days in the week, except in Mondays, from 10.00 to 18.00 hour. In winter months is closed. In summer months they organize concerts, exhibitions and other activities.