Slovenska Bistrica Castle is located in the immediate nearness of the city centre. It is the powerful building, which can be hardly missed. At the castle is the park, which attracts locals and other visitors in every time of the year. The Slovenska Bistrica Castle was first mentioned in the year 1313. It has variegated history, because it changed the owners several times. At the beginning it was in the ducal lands. In the year 1587 bought it the aristocratic family Vetter, later von der Lilie. The next owners were the family Wildenstein before the end of the 17th century. They are famous by the forming of the Bistrica Castle Park. The counts Attems bought it in the year 1717 and it remained in their property till the end of the Second World War in the year 1945. Today is the castle the cultural centre of the city. It is carefully renovated since the year 1985. In the Slovenska Bistrica Castle you can see the permanent exhibitions like the room of flags, Roman road Celeia – Petovio, the exhibition Ancnik ancient fort, Ark’s ethnologic collection, collection of the wines of the Bistrica growers, collection of the prayer books, collection of the oil lamps, collection of the puppets in the typical costums of the world, Pajtler’s collection of the fossils and minerals, collection of the minerals from Communes Slovenska Bistrica and Oplotnica, Ingolic memorial room, stoneware of the Pohorje, Castle’s smokehouse with the old castle hour and Tomazic memorial room. In the castle are also the artistic saloon, chivalric hall in which they organize different cultural performances, the wedding hall and the gallery Castle. In the summer time they organize the traditional old Bistrica evenings. They have the permanent guide service.
Slovenska Bistrica Castle