Slovenian Square was sometimes named the Main Square. In this part was the market hall to the year 1923. The city was ending here till the 12th century and later was spreading to the east. Today is the central part of the old town centre, where we can find lots of important monuments and buildings. We can see the Orpheus’ Monument, City Tower, St. George Parish Church, theatre, Lutenberg House, where is the Tourist Information Centre, old Town Hall, market hall and other. In this part is also the Hotel Mitra, which is famous by its thematic furnished rooms in five styles. In the hotel is wonderfully intertwined history with all the obtains of the modernity. Orpheus’ Monument is a name for a Roman tombstone made from the Pohorje marble, which is almost five metres high. It was erected in the 2th century to the memory of the Mark Valerij Vera, the mayor of the city. In the Middle Ages was a shame column. The City Tower is the most mighty renaissance building in the city and one of the oldest lapidaries outdoors. The St. George Church is the most beautiful architecture monument of Ptuj from the 12 th century. On this place was standing the old Christian basilica in the past. The primary theatre building was made from wood. It was renovated in the year 2007. The old City Hall was the seat of the authority till the year 1907.