Slovenia - Blejsko jezero
map
Slovenia

Slovenia

Slovenia is a European country between Alpes, Adriatic Sea and Pannonian Basin.

Basilicas, churches, chapelsBasilicas, churches, chapels

Basilicas, churches, chapels
Source: Public information of Slovenia,
The Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia,
State map in measure 1 : 1.000.000, 1995
www.gu.gov.si
Brezje

Brezje in Gorenjska is famous as a pilgrimage place of Slovenian Cristians. Brezje is visited across all year, but the main meeting is at the festival of Maria Pomagaj in 24 th of May. Brezje are situated in outstanding beauty of Slovenian land, because they lie in Gorenjska flat country under rich woods of Karavanke, Jelovica and Pokljuka under powerful Triglav. Brezje are first mentioned in 11th centur ... arrow

Sticna Abbey

Sticna Abbey is situated among Dolenjska hills. Among the rare working cloisters is the only one, which belongs to Cistercian monks. The Cistercian order originates to the year 1098 to Burgundija in France. It got the name by the place called Citeaux. The founders were three saints, which were the benedictine monks from the monastery in Molesme. The Sticna Abbey is today the important cultural and religi ... arrow

Javorca-Memorial Church of the Holy Spirit

The most beautiful World War I monument is a wooden shrine that rises high above the Tolminka riverbed – the memorial church of the Holy Spirit in Javorca. The church in the walley of Polog was built by Austrian soldiers in 1916, to the design of the Austrian architect Remgius Geyling. The outside of the church is decorated with stylised coats-of-arms of all the monarchies and lands of Austria-Hungary. ... arrow

Kostabona - Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian

The parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian stands at the entrance to the village, on the site of the former temple dedicated to Bona Dea, goddess of healing. The oldest architectural elements, the presbytery and part of the southern nave, are from the 15th century. Outside, we can observe the date 1446 carved on a stone plaque. The church was later rebuilt in 1467 and 1723. The church is made up of ... arrow

Kostabona - The cemetery Church of St. Andrew

The cemetery Church of Saint Andrew was built in 1456. The gothic presbytery, now situated in the vestry, is from the same period. The church, which used to be seat of the parish as evident from the records left in 1579 by Agostino Valier upon his visitation, was fully adapted to the baroque style in 1723. The bell tower (15.44 m) was probably built at that time as well and leaned on the church. The inte ... arrow

Kubed - St. Florian

The fortified Church of Saint Florian is built on the strategically important apex of the limestone ridge above the valley, while the village stretches below the ridge. The entire complex is one of the most important examples of fortified churches in Slovenia. The entire architectural complex consists of the large parish Church of Saint Florian standing on the edge of the massif and with the market pla ... arrow

Murska Sobota - Evangelical Church

Murska Sobota is the central point of the Pomurje, northeasterly part of the Slovenia. The city is also called Sobota. Evangelical Church is located in the Slovenska Street, near the Town's park. Its beginnings go to the 16th century. At that time the reformers like Jurij Dalmatin, Primoz Trubar, Sebastjan Krelj and others put the foundation to the Slovenian language. They were published the first printe ... arrow

Rogaska Slatina - Saint Anne Chapel

The St Anne chapel is located on the slope of the small hill in Rogaska Slatina. It was built in 1804 and consecrated to holy Anne, who was the patroness of the health resort. The chapel is one nave neoromanesqe building. Inside we can see the altarpieces of St Mary with the child and St Anne, which was painted by the baroque painter Hans Adam Weissenkirchner in the year 1686. The St Anne chapel was reno ... arrow

Smarje - Church of the Immaculate Mother of God

The parish Church of the Immaculate Mother of God in the old village centre was probably constructed on the foundations of a pre-Roman church from the 11th century. They began renovating and expanding the church in the early 13th century. In 1222, the renovated church was consecrated by the Bishop of Koper Beato Assalone, which is testified to by the stone plaque on the outer south wall. In 1730, under ... arrow


Natural Sights/Attractions

Natural baths, beaches

Beaches

Caves

Caves

Gorges, canyons, river beds (troughs)

Gorges

Karavanken Mountains

Karavanken

Lakes, ponds

Lakes

Triglav National Park

NP Triglav

Parks, arboretums, gardens

Parks

Rivers and confluences

Rivers

Sources, springs

Sources

Waterfalls

Waterfalls

Cultural-Historical Sights/Attractions

Basilicas, churches, chapels

Basilicas

Castles, manors, towers, forts

Castles

World War I Military Cemeteries

Cemeteries

The biggest cities in Slovenia

Cities

Monasteries, abbeys

Monasteries

Monuments, statues

Monuments

Museums, galleries, exhibitions

Museums

The Old Town Centres

Old Towns

Town Halls

Town Halls

Other

Camps

Camps

Places for wedding

Places for Wedding

Marinas, ports

Ports

Ski slopes

Ski Slopes

Health resorts, spas, wellness

Spas

Toboggan runs

Toboggan Runs