The Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia,
State map in measure 1 : 1.000.000, 1995
|Bistra - Carthusian Monastery (Charterhouse)|
The Carthusian Monastery Bistra is situated in Vrhnika Commune in the southwestern border of the Ljubljana swamp. The beginnings of the monastery go to the year 1220, when the Carinthia duke Bernard Spanheimski invited to Kranjska the first Carthusian monks. Bistra was one of the fourth Carthusian Monasteries in Slovenia. Beside Bistra were also Zicka Carthusian, Pleterje Carthusian and Jurkloster Carthusian. Bistra reached its highest point in the economical and cultural development in the 14th century. The monastery was through centuries many times affected from earthquakes and fires. ...
Sticna Abbey is situated among Dolenjska hills. Among the rare working cloisters is the only one, which belongs to Cistercian monks. The Cistercian order originates to the year 1098 to Burgundija in France. It got the name by the place called Citeaux. The founders were three saints, which were the benedictine monks from the monastery in Molesme. The Sticna Abbey is today the important cultural and religious memorial. It was established from the patriarch Peregrin I. At that time it also got lots of property. The monks Cistercians have beside prayers dedicated lots of their time to charit ...
|Pleterje Carthusian Monastery|
|Zice Carthusian Monastery (Charterhouse)|
|Celje - Church and Home of St. Joseph|
|Celje - St. Cecilia's Church and Capuchin monastery|
The St. Cecilia's Church and Capuchin monastery are situated on the right bank of the river Savinja. They lie on the smaller hill and the easiest way to access them is by 90 covered stairs. Stairs were made in the year 1826 and renovated in the year 1972. From here is a nice view to the old town centre and to the park on the left bank of the river Savinja. Capuchin monks belong among the youngest branch of the Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron of merchants and animals. They had the greatest blossoming in the 18th century. The Capuchin monasteries in Slovenia are in Celje, Maribor, Ptuj ...
|Kamnik - Samostansta ulica (Monastery Square) - The Franciscan Monastery and Church of St. Jacob|
|Koper - Kapodistrias and Giordan Square - Church and Monastery of Saint Martha|
|Koper - Kapodistrias and Giordan Square - Church and Monastery of Saint Claire|
|Koper - Kidric Street - Servite Monastery|
|Kostanjevica - Church and Monastery|
|Krsko - Cesta krskih zrtev - Capuchin's monastery with church|
|Maribor - Franciscan Church|
|Maribor - Lent - Minorite Monastery in the middle of the renovation works|
|Nazarje - Franciscan Monastery - Monastery of the Poor Clare Sisters|
|Nazarje - Franciscan Monastery|
|Novo mesto - Glavni trg (Main square) - The Franciscan Monastery|
|Piran - Bolniska ulica (Bolniska Street) - Minorite Monastery of St. Francis in Piran|
|Ptuj - Minoritski trg (Minorite Square)|
Minorite Square was named the Beef Square in the Middle Ages, because they leaded the cattle to the River Drava from here. From the year 1959, when it was built the new bridge over the river, goes from here to the town one of the main roads. On the Minorite Square is the Mary’s Pillar, which was erected by the count Georg Friedrich Sauer in the thanks for the victory above Turks. After many famous victories they erected such columns in many towns of the Hapsburgs monarchy. The founders of the Minorite Monastery were the well known Lords of Ptuj, which already established the Dominican Mo ...
|Skofja Loka - Blaz Street - Nunnery|
|Slovenska Bistrica - Trg svobode (Svoboda Square) - Church of Mary and the Seven Sorrows and Minorite Cloister|
|Strunjan - Church of the Vision of St. Mary|
|Studenice - Studenice Monastery|
|Sv. Trojica v Slov. goricah - Church and Monastery|
On the side of an old chapel the first church was built between 1636 and 1643. A bell from 1666, the bell-tower and a part of the nave, now exhibited in the presbytery, are the only remains of the original church. In 1663 the church was taken over by the Augustinian friars from Radgona. With the help of castellan Traumansdorf from Negova they had a monastery built along the southern part of the church which was in its turn aggrandized. The church had soon become too small to accommodate the increasing number of pilgrims. In 1735 the count Draskovic's financial help facilitated the buil ...
|Tomaj - Church of St. Peter and Paul - Former convent of school sisters|
|Vipavski Kriz - Capuchin's monastery with church Francis of Assisi|