Cevljar street is the most lively and typical Koper street, which almost entirely preserved its original structure and characteristics of the medieval commercial and tradesman's street. The street comes to an end under the portico of the Praetorian Palace. In the preserved remains you can see the original Koper Loggia from the second half of the 13th century. In this area the important buildings are the Orlandini Palace, Barbabianca Palace, Gravisi-Buttorai Palace, Tarsia Palace, De Franceschi Palace, Carli Palace and Almerigogna Palace. The Barbabianca Palace has the typical baroque facade. It is the former seat of the Venetian Office of the taxes (Cameral). The Gravisi-Buttorai Palace is from the second half of the 17th century. It has the accentuated facade. Now is in the renovated building seat of the Self-Governing Community of the Italian Nationality and similar organizations. The Carli Palace is one of the most significant architecture monuments of its peridod with the typical baroque structure. Here was born in the year 1720 the famous Koper illuminist and encyclopaedist Gian Rinaldo Carli. It was previously owned by the Brotherhood of St. Clement. The closed patio inside has the features of the initial Gothic style. The Almerigogna Palace is from the 15th century and it preserved all variety and splendour of the former medieval architecture. It is decorated with paintings from the 15th century and stonecutting short sticks.