Liznjek house is situated in the old town centre of Kranjska Gora. The house is 300-year-old and it was sometimes a rich landowner's home and also an inn. The wooden part of the Liznjek house was built in the second half of the 17th century while the brich small room beside was built in the 18th century, in the Baroque style.
Liznjek house had a cellar that served also as a barn, it had a brick-built black kitchen, a brick ground floor with a wooden living room, broad hall, a small bedroom, small room and also another small bedroom off the hall and interesting wooden pillar above the entrance. Design of the Liznjek house was the prototype for other farmhouses. In its this amazing house was an example of the most advanced architecture in Slovenia. The Liznjek house had its original architecture until the end of the 19th century. Since then, nothing has been changed apart from the new walls which have been installed in the side entrance and in the hall and the ground floor windows.
In addition to the old room layout and the black kitchen, nowadays the Liznjek house houses an ethnographic museum collection and a permanent exhibition of the interesting work and life of Josip Vandot (1884 – 1944), the author of the famous children's stories about shepherd boy Kekec. The house was renovated in 1983 and since then it has been a museum. In Liznjek house is also a gallery, where are occasionally taking place museum and art exhibitions.