LjubljanaCUBE central rooms for 2The Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia,
State map in measure 1 : 1.000.000, 1995
www.gu.gov.si
The Old Town Centres Tržič is the city, which is situated in the confluence of Bistrica and Mošenik. In the year 1492 has emperor Friderik III. raised Tržič from village to square. From the year 1985 the city is secured like cultural monument. In the year 1811 was destroyed in the fire more than 200 houses and workshops. From then have under renovation gave an order that has determined special regulation for obligatory placing of metal door and shutters, which have become genuine European particularity. All buildings also have following common characteristics: portals ornamented with rosettes with the year of making and initials of householder and God's eye in which is house number, window frames from green 'perac' stone, forged window mesh, curious window, drying opening in the roof for drying up skin, linen, flax and socks, metal fences, roadside stones 'opestniki' and medieval ground plan with workshop, storehouse and transitional hall in the ground floor. The most remarkable buildings are parish church of Lady Day, Mally house, museum in Zgornja Kajža, Kurnik house, church of the holy Jožef, castle Neuhaus, Dev house, Holzapf house and ironworks Germovka.
Skofja Loka has the best preserved old city center in Slovenia. This center is bordered by rocky terraces that were shaped by the Sora Rivers. Since the Middle Ages, the old city has consisted of two squares: the city square or “Plac” and the lower square, the “Longtrg”. There are many interesting buildings, like the Nuns’ church, the rocky Capuchin bridge, Homan’s house, and the town school. Other interesting buildings include the former almshouse, Zigon’s house, Marija’s sign, the old Town Hall, the Parson’s house, and Martin’s house, which is the style of the last century. The Nuns’ Church, or Marija Brezmadezna church, was built in 1358, and rebuilt in the Baroque style after a fire in 1669. The Capuchin’s bridge was built upon the order of Bishop Leopol in the middle of the 14th Century, and was made from stone cut in semicircular form. It is one of the oldest monuments in Middle Europe. Homan’s house is a middle-class manor, which is made up of three buildings. The Parish or Sentjakobska church is a late Gothic hall built in 1471. Marija’s sign is a Baroque sign with three statues which the city built in 1751 in thanks for turning away plaque and fire.
Despite its tourist development, Kranjska Gora has preserved the old layout of the village. Most of the old houses, farm buildings of the Carinthian type, were also modernized. In the old town center you can see the Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, the Liznjek House, the birthplace of Joseph Vandot and others. In the area of today's church there used to be another church called Mary on the White Pebble. Only the Romanesque bell tower, built of sand squares, was preserved from it. The Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary was built in 1510 in the late Gothic style. The contractor was Jernej Firtaler from Villach. Carinthian influence is seen in the nave, which is decorated with a decorative interlacing of ribs and elephants on the inner supports. Two Gothic plastics date from the second half of the 15th century. The Liznjek house is over 300 years old. It was a rich farm, and for some time also an inn. The wooden house was built in the second half of the 17th century and the masonry chamber next to it was built in the 18th century. The house today houses an ethnographic museum collection and a permanent exhibition on the life of a young writer and official, Josip Vandot, author of popular Kekec stories. At his birthplace, Podbreg 27, there is a memorial plaque.