The village Nova vas lies on a hill that on the west descends towards the Dernica Valley and in the south towards the Dragonja Valley. As Villa Nouva or Villa Nuova it was first mentioned in the map of Istria in 1525 by Pietro Coppo.
The traditional economical activity was agriculture (olives, wine, fruits), cattle breeding, crafts and trades. In the village there is a small oil-mill. Worth mentioning is the Rosemary church, mentioned in the 1470, renovated in the second half of the 18th century. Apart from the church stands the 26-meters high tower with the sculpture of the St. Joseph from 1896.
In the village is also a renovated old water source and a small museum in an old house with ethnological collection of old furniture. There are also two monuments remanding us of the fallen freedom fighters in the second World War. The village is a cultural monument.