City Hall is located on the City Square. The present building is from the year 1906-7. On this place was the house already built in the year 1571 by Dominican monks. In the 18th century was in the property of the Poskocil Family. It got one ground plan, but it was for the floor lower. In the beginning of the 20th century the Ptuj Municipality ordered the plan for the new city hall from the architect Baron Maks Ferstl from Graz. He designed the building in the style of the German late Gothic. After the Second World War was in front of the City Hall the petrol station. Already before the war, the same as it is today, were in the ground floor of the house the tobacco shop and the lottery. The City Hall is ornamented with two corner piers. On the left pier are engraved some of the old constructive elements and there is also the mayor office. City Hall is with the agitation and by largeness the central building on the City Square. On the first floor of the building is the large hall the lobby for the entrance to the most important offices. On the second floor is prevalent the festival hall, which also includes the gallery and is lifting through two floors. The large windows, which are looking to the City Square are composed from the colourful glasses, which were made by the glazier Josip Kollenz.