Mala NedeljaGlamping Sun Valley BiotermeThe Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia,
State map in measure 1 : 1.000.000, 1995
www.gu.gov.si
Monasteries, abbeys Kidric Street in the Old Town of Koper is littered with many interesting buildings such as the Church of the Holy Trinity, Saint Nicholas Church, Tacco Palace, House with a wooden balcony, Servite Monastery and Totto ex Gavardo Palace. The church of St. Nicholas was built in 1594. It was attended mainly by sailors with families, to whom St. Nicholas the patron saint was. Inside the church we can see a one-nave space with large canvases of Venetian painters from the first half of the 17th century. The former Servite Monastery was founded in 1453. In the 19th century it housed a public hospital and, after the end of Second World War, a provincial hospital. Since 1996, the building has been abandoned and left to decay. Its renovation is being delivered by the facility managers, which are the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology and the University of Primorska. The Belgramoni Tacco Palace from the early 17th century is an example of beautiful baroque bourgeois architecture.
Piran is a beautiful seaside town that attracts many visitors throughout the year. In Bolniska Street you can see the Minorite monastery of St. Francis, Minorite Church of St. Francis, Church of Mary of the Snow, Gallery Marko Jezernik and many other interesting buildings. The monastery of Saint Francis was founded around 1301. The original monastery was built in the Gothic style and on the ground floor. The monastery was then enlarged and renovated in the 17th and 18th centuries. In it, the Minorite brothers performed their mission until 1954, when it was nationalized. In 1996, it was returned to brothers by denationalization, who immediately began its restoration. The restoration returned to the monastery spatial harmony, architectural harmony and original purpose. The Monastery Cross is one of the most acoustic venues in Slovenia. During the summer, many music events take place here. Exterior of the Church of St. Francis dates from the 19th century and the interior dates from the 17th century. In front of the church is a smaller square where used to be a cemetery. The Church of Mary of the Snow was first mentioned in 1404. In the presbytery you can see the baroque altar from the 17th century. On the east side above the entrance, the main picture shows the miracle of snow. It dates back to the second half of the 17th century. Pictures of the Crucifixion and the Annunciation were discovered on the tribal wall in 1969.